Where can i go beach or rock fishing?

jared1979

Hey all, i am new to the region and am living in brisbane and looking for somwhere i can go to fill in a couple of hours beach or rock fishing in the weekend i am struggling to find anywhere suitable sick of catching tiny fish of piers any help would be much appreciated.

Post edited by: jared1979, at: 2006/12/09 18:31

IF YOU WANT TO TRAVEL A BIT FINGAL HEADS IS QUITE GOOD WILL BE PLENTY OF TAILOR AND DART THIS TIME OF YEAR. YOU CAN USUALLY GET OUT OF THE WIND NO MATTER WHAT DIRECTION ITS BLOWING JUST BE A BIT CAREFULL CROSSING THE CAUSEWAY IF ITS HIGH TIDE.

OTHER SPOTS TO TRY DOWN THE COAST ARE BURLEIGH,ELEHANT ROCKS AT TALLEBUDGERA,TALLEBUDGERA CREEK FOR JACKS AT NIGHT ON TOP OF TIDE , SCHNAPPER ROCKS ( WATCH THE WAVES HERE I ONCE WENT FOR A SWIM OFF THEM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND ENDED UP AT KIRRA IT WAS A BIT SCARY AS EARLIER IN THE DAY WE HAD BEEN WATCHING A BIG HAMMERHEAD CRUISING UP AND DOWN IN FRONT OF THE ROCKS)

ALSO CONCIDER THE SEAWAY OF THE PUMPING JETTY.

RAY

The mouth of the tweed river is a decent spot as well as the seaway.

Or if your keen for a day trip Stradbroke Island is an all time favourite with me and is affordable via the ferry (not the car ferry the flyer).

Thanks for posting mate, i have just moved your post as

it was located in the \"Fishing Reports\" section under \"The Lakes\". This section is obviously completely un-related to salt water rock fisihng. Try and keep your posts in the relevant categories and you will always recieve a lot more relevant answers. :)

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Gerty_92 wrote:

anyone know if berleigh heads is any good for rock fishing?? cus im going down the soon

gerty if you take the lower walking track around burleigh headland keep going till you are almost to the mouth of tallebudgera creek you'll see three big rocks down at the waters edge climb downh and fish off them there is usually a good gutter straight off the rocks with a couple of big boulders out on the far edge of the gutter its generaly a good spot for tailor, bream the odd mac and cobia. the big rocks are high enough to keep you7 dry and safe even in a pretty big surf.

there is generally a good gutter right on the beach and begining of the rocks that produces some good jewies,it's only good at night as during the day it is the flagged swiming area.

if the sea is calm and you're feeling energetic take a box of spinners and maybee some SPs with heavy jig heads and rock hop your way from the beach to the creek

you should get some reasonable fish around the headland. this is where i grew up and although i cant do this kind of fishing anymore due to injuries i keep intouch with mates who live right on the hill they say it still fishs well

• 2 months later...

The surf side of Bribie Island is usually pretty productive...I like to take 3 rods and set up 2 in rod-holders with 3-ganged 4/0's and a size 4-5 ball sinker, baited with whole squid while I fish the third rod with ganged 5/0's and another size 4-5 ball sinker baited with a whole pilchard. Good spot for tailor, better than average flatties, but also stingrays. Easy spot to reach as it's only 100m from the road to the edge of the water at low tide - by the way, fish the low tide up for best results. Good luck!B)

Archived