30/11 Brisbane Bay Tours!!

sax

Just thought id put a quick write up about sundays fishing adventure!

Ive got flix but they are back in bris and im at newcastle atm. ill be posting them early next week.

It was the first charter i have been on so i was pretty excited despite the fact that it meant waking up at a time id usually be going to bed at on a saturday.

We got moving not long after arriving at the ramp at 5am. and hit some spots just inside the bay. We poked around here for about half and hour landing a few squire around the 35cm mark. (which all went back in the drink).

My mate pat got hit by something really big here that had the rod buckled in two and pat screaming for help!!! it was a great laugh. unfortunatly he got busted off, thoughts where it was a big kingfish.

We then moved off shore arriving at 7:30 at a spot that sat in about 80m of water and spent the next few hours doing runs over a trusted spot of the brissy bay tours lads. It was great, in total between the 3 of us fishing, we managed to land 7 kingfish all around the 55-60cm mark, a very nice amber jack at 80cm and another at 60cm, and two snapper, the smallest being about 50cm and the biggest at 60cm.

The Kingfish were a great fight and would just bolt toward the bottom as soon as they were hooked. even on 60lb line there where a few bustoffs, the most unfortunate was pat's amber jack that was well over 1 meter, he got it right to the side of the boat only to be suprised by a last minute run.

After midday the fishing slowed right down, with nothing notable being caught.

Have to say a big thankyou to Brisbane Bay Tours for a great day out. I would reccommend them to anyone who is looking at going on a brisbane area charter. They are a very professional outfit who are nice and relaxed at the same time.

oh yeah one more thing, so far weve eaten the amber jacks and some of the kingies. The amber jacks are great eating and fed a good sized mob of people. just looking foward to getting home and cooking up the snapper now!

thanks for reading!

flix to follow.

Rocket75 wrote:

Always good to hear about a positive charter experience...(I know I've been on a few shockers:( )

Looking fwd to seeing the pics, congrats.

Rocket

I know what you mean by bad charters..Worse one by far was the one that leaves from Kawana Waters Pub, managed i think about doz fish between 20 of us :blink: Way over crowded for me, spent more time untangling line than fishing.

Look forward to pics :woohoo:

Archived