Help Value my Tinka Trailer

Nastymind

Hi all,

I'm looking at putting my boats Tinka trailer on the market.

Not long ago i spent $2600 turning it into a duel axle with skids and keel rollers, rather than the multi roller, single axle trailer that it was.

It is registered and in awesome condition.

Only catch is, i want to sell it without the skids and keel rollers, but will supply a complete set of multi rollers and brackets (not fitted).

How much do you think i should put on it and what do you think i should sell it at minimum?

Sorry about the photo but it's all i currently have.

Michael [img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1020195-e7deca80931d5621167c23108e5b4455.jpg

post-915-144598480232_thumb.jpg

Dunno,

Depends on whether someone needs one or not. ! Probably the following info would help-

Did you have it DOT inspected after the mods?

What is maximum load rating of trailer?

Did you upgrade the hitch and axles?

Both axles braked or only front axle?

Over ride or electric brakes?

Age of trailer

Any signs of rust etc.

Measure the longest length boat it can carry

)

Oh right, i think the only thing i can answer there would be that i had a full rwc done on it straight away which also involved putting it over a weighbridge and putting lights on the mudguards too. Only one axle's cable braked and all axles, springs, hubs, tyres and everything was brand new. Only thing that stayed the same was about half the chasis. Work was all done by John Muller's Midtown in Townsville.

Not sure of the age or load rating, but only has the regular surface rust over the axles and springs.

Brand new tyres and winch too

Nastymind wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking at putting my boats Tinka trailer on the market.

Not long ago i spent $2600 turning it into a duel axle with skids and keel rollers, rather than the multi roller, single axle trailer that it was.

It is registered and in awesome condition.

Only catch is, i want to sell it without the skids and keel rollers, but will supply a complete set of multi rollers and brackets (not fitted).

How much do you think i should put on it and what do you think i should sell it at minimum?

Sorry about the photo but it's all i currently have.

Michael [img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1020195-e7deca80931d5621167c23108e5b4455.jpg

jeeez nasty, $2600 is a wack to throw at a trailer, that wasn't suited to your boat, otherwise you would not have done it, only guessing.do you still have the components to convert it back to a single axle trailer. the problem you will encounter is other trailers will not be in the condition yours is in, and prob asking a lot less than you want for yours, then the other side of the coin is people looking for that sort of trailer willing to spend that much will prob buy new. rock and a hard place there mate, but if you could turn it back into a single axle trlr, and maybe sell off the parts through this site or e bay, the boat still has a bit of overhang off the back of the trailer, but you can fix this with a cradle, IF this is a problem, but as is, 2nd hand around the 1800 mark with full multi rollers would be fair, good luck

I've actually found another trailer that's chasis that would be more suitable for my boat, it needs a little bit of dough spent on it but it's at the right price.

If i can sell my trailer at the right price, with a couple days of hard yakka the $ difference of buy and sell will even out to a free conversion.

Nastymind wrote:

I've actually found another trailer that's chasis that would be more suitable for my boat, it needs a little bit of dough spent on it but it's at the right price.

If i can sell my trailer at the right price, with a couple days of hard yakka the $ difference of buy and sell will even out to a free conversion.

ahhh ok, gottcha

No, i got rid of them before i moved south.

Can't go back to multi roller as it was damaging my hull and had a very bad experience/accident with a single axle trailer once, so now i only comfortable with duel axle.

It's really only the chasis i want from this new rig, but the only way i can break even is if i sell the trailer i have (keeping the skids and keel rollers) and rebuild the other

That's what i was hoping to hear, cheers maxi.

Thanks Ray, once i get the project home i'll firstly attempt a clean switch of everything above the chasis, ie. rollers and runners.

If my original brackets are no good i'll be in touch.

Any rough idea of what the damage would be on new springs, axles, hubs?

Is the new trailer braked? and what condition are the discs. If you need brakes and I think that you will judging by the size of your boat the most expensive part will be the brakes and axle.

Axle around $100 . Disc brake hub $80 upwards. Galvanised override disc brake kit $80.

Have a look on ebay under trailer parts and look for seller called spinny things to get idea of prices and what is required.

Depending on the width I may have an axle that may suit.

I have 2 of different widths they are not not galvanised but mininimal surface rust .One already has the lugs to fit override brakes but you would have to weld them on the other.

If you want to go ahead give me some measurements and i will see if one could suit.

It would be gratis.

Cheers

Ray

rayke1938 wrote:

Is the new trailer braked? and what condition are the discs. If you need brakes and I think that you will judging by the size of your boat the most expensive part will be the brakes and axle.

Axle around $100 . Disc brake hub $80 upwards. Galvanised override disc brake kit $80.

Have a look on ebay under trailer parts and look for seller called spinny things to get idea of prices and what is required.

Depending on the width I may have an axle that may suit.

I have 2 of different widths they are not not galvanised but mininimal surface rust .One already has the lugs to fit override brakes but you would have to weld them on the other.

If you want to go ahead give me some measurements and i will see if one could suit.

It would be gratis.

Cheers

Ray

Yes it is braked, i didn't get a good look over the lower end, just assumed it's all shagged out.

That way i'm not disappointed if it turns out that it is

Archived