Bris River 8/1/09

Smiderman

#2 Son & I hit the Whytes Island ramp at about 4.15pm and headed up to the turd pipe for some livies. After about 30 minutes (& a close call nearly went arse over head into the drink not watching the bow waves off the moreton bay flyer) got sufficient herring & a few mullet.

Headed of to pillar 99 and anchored up.

We set the mullet on the shark rod ... not a touch!

Took a fillet of a cattie & banged it on a hook ....zip!

We both had a couple of runs that didn't resemble the usual catfish or stingray runs... I dropped mine under the boat .. Nat drop his when he picked up the shark line..

Stayed there til about 10pm nothing exciting to report except for the usual by catch.

Cat Fish 8 x 50-60cm

Shovelies 2 x 70cm

Stingrays 4 x 40-60cm

Back at the ramp some guys pulled in behind us in a aluminium shark cat really pissed ... they were one their way to Curtin and the water police pinged them for not having their running light on and pinged them again for unregistered vessel .. + $400 . Bad luck boys. [img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCF3128_AFO.jpg

post-510-144598482576_thumb.jpg

Fish wise not the best,Smids,time spent having a fish with family-can`t beat it(in-laws???,they come in handy for the deep end of a bait net)

After the experience of almost running through an unregistered & no light, bondwood boat,on a moonless cloudy nite,on the Kolan River...sorry no sympathy

Archived