Fishing for somerset dam tips!! :)

GrantP

Schultzy has some great articles on Bassing up that way.

Although generic bassing articles, the location the techniques are tested is often Somerset. Schultzy is a bit of a Guru in this dam!

Articles can be found here:

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=25&Itemid=77

Cheers mate.

Angus

When the water levels were down in 2007 we had a lot of luck trolling deep diving lures along the bank on the left hand side as you go out of the boat ramp from the spit. A sounder is probably the best bit of equiptment you could use there. Either find a school and cast at them or troll around good looking areas to locate fish. Biggest bass I've seen caught there is 51cm and i caught a 50cm yellowbelly aswell.

Paul

Queen street is usally relianle but the problem is going to be all the boating traffic and skiers. In the past i have done ok trolling just in front of the log cabin house nice deep water right against the bank. Otherwise I would suggest trying to get in the trees away from the traffic. Be guided by the parh caretakers they are helpfull and know the latest info.

Cheers

Ray

Archived