Towing Plate Boat

danny

Hi Guys

I am considering purchasing a Oz Craft 5.9m centre cab. Hull weight 850kg and with outboard fuel gear and trailer would be aprox 1500kg, As I have access to either a Commodoore or a falcon to tow this, would this be sufficent in towing this size boat safely?

Both are rated to tow that weight - for the falcons as long as it is auto and you keep it at or under 2 tonnes you can tow it at100kph. Over 2 tonne, (IE max allowed is 2.3tonne) ford handbook says maximum towing speed 80kph.

Dont know if bommodores have similar restrictions, or what their max towing capacity is. (But they certainly can tow 1500kg)

id take the ford over the holden the straight six seems to be the more torqy motor the v6 seems to want to rev and kill itself and apear to have a bit of a dead spot at very low revs

i have a ford tonner ute dspite being a holden man its just a better work horse in my mind and the new engines in the fords "ba onwards" go like cut snakes it pulls my old boat with ease

by the way i believe the tow bar manufacturer sets the tow capacity now :unsure:

i have the heavy tow bar its rated at 2half tonne

480 fitted

Archived