Council Chambers (Surfers Paradise) Friday Night

heidii

Went to council chambers off bundall rd on Friday night (Landbased) and it was PACKED full of people fishing!! There were even like 10 boats out on the water.

I saw one bunch of people fishing in the lake (pictured below, location with red X) When i asked what was in there they said Mangrove jack...I think they were pulling my leg :( ...I felt like saying when people say there are MJ at council chambers they DONT mean in the swimming lake you idiot! :unsure:

map.jpg

All the boats were in the position of the yellow X. What do you think they were all after? Jewies maybe?

Leighton wrote:

Whiting from the Yellow spot

Tarpon and Jacks from red

:huh: So your actually saying you can catch fish in that swimming lake? It doesnt even connect to the main bit of water ( i dont think) and I see soooo many people swimming in there, its pratically an outdoor swimming pool!

I used to work near there and would walk around the lake most lunch breaks. There used to be a sign saying no fishing - I am guessing for fear of stray hooks because so many people swim there.

I never saw Jacks in the lake, but it has large schools of Mullet, Bream and Whiting, a couple of 2 foot long Barracuda and a few colourful reef fish (wrasse/parrotfish ?).

Archived