Noosa Hobie mission

tacklebox

Took a quick trip up to Noosa on Friday to hire a couple of Hobies. We know Sunstate lets you try them for free but we wanted to test them in real fishing conditions.

I called Kingfisher last week and was told it was $20 for the first hour and $10 for every hour after, so I was really peeved to be told on the day that the rates had changed to $16/h.:angry: I swear these guys must take a look at you and make up a price on the spot. A while back we hired a pontoon boat with some mates and it wasn't until we got there that they mentioned fuel was extra.:angry:

Anyway, not 2 minutes after peddling out of the marina I somehow lost all power in my mirage drive so I limped over to the boat ramp. We lifted the yak up and discovered one of the fins hanging off the drive.:ohmy: Kreel went back to fetch the bloke from Kingfisher who was able to pop it back in so off we went again.

We headed upriver but quickly discovered that it took way too much effort to peddle against the wind so we turned around and ducked behind the island opposite the marina. Kreel managed a little bream while I trolled and cast a lure around for not a touch. On one cast I saw a 40ish flattie shoot up right beside my yak and towards my lure which was kind of cool.

My fin popped out again :blink: so after only a couple of hours we decided to head back in rather than give these chumps any more of our money.

Moral of the story: these guys are dodgy, beware.

Archived