Finally got to wet a line in Sydney

Stinger

It’s been a while since I posted a thread because I have been spending most of my time working in Sydney

Well finally got a week end off and decided to wet a line.

Looked on Google Earth to see if I could spot a good looking area not too far out of Sydney to use a popper.

Found a place called The Basin that looked like it had some good flats at low tide so headed off this morning to check it out.

Well to cut a long story short I found the area that I had picked out but could not get anywhere near the water for steep rock faces with the only flat areas having houses going right up to the water edge.

Ended up driving a few klms further along the road that follows the range and found a little cove that had a small sandy area surrounded by ouster rocks.

Flicked a popper around for a while without any follows so changed to a Guzzlerz 2 inch Prong soft plastic and started getting a few good bumps.

Flicked the area for an hour and ended up with a 48cm flatty and a fat 29cm bream.

After that I decided to go and check out another area at Palm Beach. It didn’t look all that promising but I ended up landing a 39cm flatty on my third cast.

Next time I get the chance I’ll check out a new location.

1 [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/The_Basin_Bream.jpg

Archived