Schultz Canal, 3 days, 3 attempts

username_taken

I'm living at geebung until I head off overseas, decided being so close I should spend some time at schultz canal.

Thursday morning I showed up and quickly scored a small flathead on a gulp ( 2" shrimp ). moving down to my favourite spot I pulled up a beautiful 56cm flathead on a 3" gulp minnow in pumpkinseed. followed up by another small flathead.

On the way back to the car I foul hooked a small baitfish so hooked him up and chucked him back in. Got absoltely owned on my 6 pound leader by what I assume was a jack, it sped quickly off into snags near the bank and wrapped me up.

Friday morning I headed down with some bread to try and catch some mullet for live baiting, I finally got a couple of small catties with it and hooked one of them up on 20pound leader, after about 15 minutes it got hit pretty hard and the line was bitten through.

Saturday afternoon I went down again a bit more prepared. landed a few small bream and a legal whiting on prawn and hooked the whiting up to a steel leader. unfortunatley I was unable to convert it to a shark and I headed home as it was getting very dark.

EMP wrote:

Sounds like me, UNT. I love those straight days of fishing.

Great sessions, mate. Must be exciting. I like your story about the line being bitten through. I lost a rod also in Schulz that way.

EMP

If you lost a rod because of your line getting bitten through you were casting the wrong end into the water. try throwing the bait end in.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Archived