jumping bullies

brado

I have heard of lots of reports of jumping bullies from the gold coast canals to the north coast. I have even heard of it happening right where you are talking about before. I saw it once in Lake Weyba at Noosa. So i think its a fairly normal occurance.

Angus

yeah i have seen a bullie jump before it was about 4 maybe 5 ft long ,my old man who i was fishing with at the time tried to tell me it was a dolphin but he didnt see it except for the largish splash.it wasn't no dolphin!!! thats for sure...i have caught bull sharks before on live herring and with mono line so i have an understanding of what the buggers look like..cheers Dazz

i have seen lots of bullys jump when hooked...but i have seen 2 jump on their own accord...one in ningi creek and a bigger on off the beach at sandgate....why they jump?dunno? maybe they attack like great whites, like attack from below and when u see em leap out the water the mite have missed the prey? just a thought...looks cool thouB)

Guest IcEkNiGhT

when i fish the bridge for sharks they jump 90% of the time right at the ballone befor they take the bait. as i understand they jump to lossen parisites??

When we went out sharking for juvenile ones and a load of berley out from Nudgee last year 2 or 3 of them jumped though they only jumped at dawn when the sun was coming up and when they weren't on our line. I have heard of many stories similar including when they are on your line,so no doubt they jump!

Troy

Archived