Skinny tinny

rayke1938

While at Coorparoo marine this morning I had a bit of a look at a bluefin skinny tinny. They have a write up on either this months QFM or B & B.

I was quite impressed with it. Would be a great boat for NPD with a lot more room and stability that a yak or canoe and for around the same price.

Cheers

Ray

the larger 1 can take up to 25 hp. myself, i can't really see the reason anyone would buy 1. can't see anyone who wants to buy a boat, buying 1, and the same for canoe's and yaks. but like everything, there will be a place for them somewhere.

I used to have something similar, a narrow narrow beamed 12' ally punt that could be easily hanled by one person. I can't recall the manufacturer, but it was one of the well known brands. I used to run it with a 6hp motor for crabbing the creeks and it was good on flat water. On the slightest chop it was hopeless. The flat bottom would slap on the slightest of waves and throw up a lot of spray. Even travelling at 4 knots into the breeze I used to get wet.

i like them cause i could roof top it on my ford laser and it would make a great lil electric set up i think, i would prefer a bow mount on it though, im sure they weigh like 38kgs which is a bit lighter then your standard 10 footer and capable of one person to handle it , i also like the idea if you run out of battery power you could paddle it with ease!! would like to try one out on big W in big winds though to see what they handle like with out the fishing gear first :laugh:

hairyweasel wrote:

I used to have something similar, a narrow narrow beamed 12' ally punt that could be easily hanled by one person. I can't recall the manufacturer, but it was one of the well known brands. I used to run it with a 6hp motor for crabbing the creeks and it was good on flat water. On the slightest chop it was hopeless. The flat bottom would slap on the slightest of waves and throw up a lot of spray. Even travelling at 4 knots into the breeze I used to get wet.
i think these ones are a v-nose punt.. havent seen one in person yet!!! but i think thats what they are

Archived