Where to fish ?

Lisaf

Hello to all - I just want to know where everyone goes fishing.

I dont have a boat and i usually go to the Jetty at Shorncliffe. I get a few bites and enough of the crappy fish ( toadies and catfish ) to keep me and my friends entertained, but the last few times we went we were very dissapointed . NO BITES AT ALL

We use all different sorts of bait and well we just want a local place to go . If anyone has a special spot they dont mind sharing please let me know .

THANKS IN ADVANCE - Lisa

Feral's right, the spot he describes is a pearler if you just want a bit of a work-out. Took the young fella there a couple nights ago and on the FIRST CAST he caught a 3-foot stingray, on the THIRD CAST he caught another slightly smaller ray (which I just caught sight of as I'd hooked into one myself by this time!):woohoo: . It's a good spot in winter for taylor as they run up the channel not far out from the jetty. Another good spot (this time for muddies and flathead) is directly over the road from the carpark entrance. Although this spot looks shallow and unproductive, try a whole pilly and you may just be surprised!!:cheer:

Thanks guys - what is that spot like for lighting ?

We tend to go fishing late night ?

Apart from pilchards what bait were you using?

Also how bad are the mosquitos ? I am a girl afterall ...... I can handle fish guts, squid prawns etc but i HATE mossies

To answer in order of the questions: The lighting is no good on the jetty (i.e. non-existent, so good lantern & torch required), we were using pilchards and squid and only caught fish on squid on the night I described, and you'll definitely need some good insect repellent. I should probably add that about halfway on the incoming tide is a good time to be there. Happy fishing!:)

Archived