Car Aircon done?

EMP

EMP, if you need cheap work done that will work, try the yellow cabs mechanic in Butterfield St Herston (right next door to main roads) A most exasperating man, but his work is ok. Last time I asked him to do my brakes, he refused, reckoned there was a couple of thousands k's left in them! Bring it back in a couple of weeks when they needed doing he reckoned! Same deal with the plugs, only 40,000k, plenty of life left yet, no need to replace em!

Does to much work for elcheapo cabbies I reckon. ;)

I don't know how youd get onto one but it might be woth talking to a refrigeration mechanic.

My sisters cars aircon stopped working she got a quote of over $1k to replace the condenser on an older car. She got onto a refrigeration mechanic (friend of a friend or something like that) who spot welded the cracks in the condenser and regassed it. Has worked flawlessly for several years ever since and cost her peanuts.

My last car the compressor seized up so I just traded it in and got a new car. :blush: :ohmy: :silly: The way I see it, it was a karmic bitch slap to a dealer who most probably ripped off several people in the past.

When aircon is switched on, the compressor doesn't seem to be working at all.

When I brought the car to the dealer service people, they said they need to replace the compressor and the "clutch". Apparently, there's a clutch in autoaircon.

EMP

Thanks for the input guys. Keep 'em coming please!

fishingnut wrote:

could just be a tx valve

a tx valve just doesnt fail for no reason, if it blocked something has worn and let particles travel in the system, if its corroded theres moisture in the system from leaks/ or not being vac'd properly in the first place. researching a problem fully will result in a first time fix. unfortunately alot of mechanics are now parts fitters instead of mechanincs diffrence is a mechanic will ask why. a parts fitter just does as his name suggests.

yes im a "wanker" by trade, but i have left the game a while ago no money in it unless you wanna open your own shop. plus with out a current a/c repairs license it is illegal for me to repair a/c systems and the fines are frigging massive. my previous post is so members can find a out a real mechanic from a parts fitter with one simple question - why?

Archived