Baiting up for Tailor

teckee7

Just wanted to know if this is done near on the east as in the west, this is a very fav method of attracting and catching Tailor. Rig up a mulie on a set of gangs and about 2 foot above the bait, strap on a light-stick (the chemical ones). Then cast and wham-bam, thank you maam, you are on, a big slick tailor on the end. After reading the report down at the spit, figure I might go and try out this method and see how I go after sunset.

shortie wrote:

ive never used a light stick.

However do you rig the pilly head towards the line of Tail towards the line.

I would rig the head towards you, so it will be the first of the gang hooks closest to the line. That way, when you are reeling in (slow retrieve), the lightstick attracts the tailor and then pow, he sees the mulie swimming towards the same direction (of the light stick) and dinner bells start to ring.

The light stick is a great invention for fishing at night cause it provides several benefits: you can see where your line in before casting, you can see where your bait lands after casting, the light stick attracts the fish and when you are on a fish, you see your light stick zipping left and right. Its an awesome sight to see your line go left and right in the dark.

werewolf wrote:

Do you get many bite offs when the tailor have a go at the light stick? :huh:

No cause, the tailor is more interested in the mulie. The light stick just acts as the attractant and because we are using gang hooks, we dont really bother with using heavy leaders. All I can say is that the mulie really gets mauled to buggery by the time the tailor is done with it, if you dont get a hook up.

happywally wrote:

teckee7 wrote:
Sure happywally, if we go out, we pm you. Any place in particular in Shorncliffe? Maybe we can catch those 'sting-ray bandits" red-handed?

id reckon we could go to the super long jetty since they are a surf species...

yeah ill bring along my big knife... :angry:

Haha, we are suppose to report them, not skin them man...

teckee7 wrote:

happywally wrote:
teckee7 wrote:
Sure happywally, if we go out, we pm you. Any place in particular in Shorncliffe? Maybe we can catch those 'sting-ray bandits" red-handed?

id reckon we could go to the super long jetty since they are a surf species...

yeah ill bring along my big knife... :angry:

Haha, we are suppose to report them, not skin them man...

nah mate... just returning the favor...

ill cut off their little "tails"

Archived