thorny

Hey everyone the names thorny i just moved to this beautiful state of QLD and am absolutely lovin it especially the fishing. I have just moved here from canberra and i am an avid trout fisherman and dont really have any experience in saltwater fishing or any idea what i am doing for that matter but i am having a great time learning especially with the soft plastics.

I fished cabbage tree creek last weekend with soft plastics for the first time ever and caught a nice flatty and a pike which i had never seen before and i think i have now caught the soft plastic bug and cant get enough of it so i am heading back out today for an all day session and maybe again over the weekend and i would like to know if anyone knows any good places (land based) techniques or specific plastics to use around the redcliffe and surrounding areas any info would be appreciated thanks.

Just a quick to the AFO guys, Great site has been a real help well done

Have a good one and tight lines

welcome thorny theres heaps of info on fishing plastics round brisbane and from what you have caught sounds like your on the right track. i dont know the area you have asked about too well but there are plenty of reports from there so i would start my research there.

tight lines

kriso

Welcome to the site mate! Been quite a few flatties caught on plastics around Hayes Inlet lately. Well worth a walk at low tide casting into the channel and bring it back up the drop off. By catch would include whiting, bream and flounder.

Just double check the green zone there though to make sure you dont wanter into restricted areas.

Hope you get the info you need mate.

Cheers.

Angus

Archived