Chasing a book....Automotive Mechanics

Sparksie

Hello

Bit of a side ways request.... :blink:

Chasing a copy of "Automotive Mechanics", 5th, 6th edition or maybe current 7th edition by Ed May / Simpson.

My young fella is a budding mechanic and is looking to start an apprenticeship at end of Grade 12.

Does anyone have a copy of any of the above shelved and gathering dust..?

Anyone know someone that could buy it off..?

Thanks

Sparksie

also mate theres 2 volumes of each addition and both volumes will be needed when it comes to tafe time as all the theory side of things is straight out of those 2 books. i just chucked out all my old exams and stuff otherwise i woulda given them to ya for him to read through so he would have an idea on what you need to know for the theory bit. the modules most apprentices find hard to pass is the electrical and ignition systems side of things so if he is starting early pay attention to those mostly as they will be in his first block of tafe so if he goes in understanding that pretty well he should have no probs. only other advice i can offer and i wish i had of listened too is, if you like cars and want to have nice ones dont be a mechanic you will never afford it lol it pays crap, if i had my time again i would be a plumber or a electrician for sure.

Sound advice, ta, I know what you mean...

The nuts and bolts is got my young fella only in Grade 9, but keen to play with cars etc.

He's been doing some unpaid work experience for a large dealership on northside and looks like they will give him some paid holiday work for upcoming school holidays. He's keen as, and just giving him a bit of head start.... :lol:

kriso wrote:

if i had my time again i would be a plumber or a electrician for sure.

Nothing quite like a protected industry to up the costs!

Hope it works out well for the young fella Sparksie, good to see he is getting in early and having a go, to many kids finish school and then start looking at what they might like to do.

Archived