More fatties NPD 24th/6

Dinodadog

Had a chat to Ray and John at the gate before heading down the hill to get on the water at NPD this morning. After settling Bruce in the boat without him having his usual morning swim we were off to chase some fatties. Ray stole our thunder by hooking into his 1st bass before we got to the end of the 1st straight, I had to travel another K before getting my 1st a nice fattie just under 50cm on a spro.

a nearly 50cm fattie [img size=417]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/npd_24_6_002.JPG

We then moved down to the big bay and I picked up a few on bait and Bruce got a nice fattie bass on s/bait 46cm. After that we headed off trolling again and I picked up a couple more on spros on the way home.Ended up Bruce 1 on s/bait, Me 3 on bait and 3 on spros.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

bruces 46cm [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/npd_24_6_005.JPG

I think your addiction is catching (all puns intended) as I also feel the urge to go bass fishing at every given opportunity :)

do you think lipless cranks like SPRO are getting the fish because they are running deeper than the bibbed lures?

good to see one on spinnerbait too

Rocket

faulked wrote:

dffinately not they only troll at about five or six feet i "think" its the rattle

that;s a surprise Jase, I would have thought they would stay deeper at the troll speeds you use...maybe all my lures are going below the fish...weird, as you know deeper divers seemed to be the gun lures not long ago :huh:

I will just tag along on Dinos report.

A couple of sunrise shots.

P6240591AFO.jpg

Had caught a fish just before this one

P6240592AFO.jpg

We were bagged out by 7am.

I ran a bit of an experiment trolling a spro old glory On one rod and the damiki on the other and didnt get a hit on the spro.

Ended up with 5 bass on the damiki napjaru black shadow and 2 caught on floating shrimp. John Ford ended up with donut.Met up with old mate whom I havent seen for 3 years. He only caught one bass and a tandanus on bait so I gave him a bass so he would have a feed.

We ended up with 3/4 bucket of redclaw.

Quite spectacular cloud formations and reflections in the water. At one time we could see the jet trails going in circles where the planes were put on holding patterns.

Mainly glassed out all day this shot taken at 1pm on way back to ramp

P6240593AFO.jpg

All in all another wonderful day at NPD .

Cheers

Ray

Archived