Quick coomera session.

bretto

awesome pics !! might go give the coom a go on sunday if the wind is up, try the shoals with surface and sp's and all so goose island lol the sand bank on the northern side holds some great flatty! have you fished the lake lately bretto? i think the tailor will be getting some numbers in there by now!

Fishingnut I use a Canon 400d

Nadders I have not heard too much on the jacks in the last month and a haly and I usually wont target em this time of year as I like to fish surface and the one that do hang around can be a bit sluggish.

Chris was targeting flattys as the water was dirty as but still clearish up on the edges

Wes the river is fishing well in between floods. Is still a bit dirty but is clearing up quick with the big tides. Lake is quiet as. They took the pipe on the eastern side out with the work they are doing and that was the passage for fish into there. The other one has plates in it and fish could not bypass unless they are bait sized. I think that it is going to get fished out quick. No tailor about unfortunately.

dan25 wrote:

Wes, is that lake the one just past the M1 bridge? the Coomera river overflow i think it is. just wondering?

nah the end of the salt water in the river its self, check google maps, i use to catch heaps of GT and big eye trevs there many years ago with some good tailor up to 58cm as well, when you get your yak the coomera will be the best to start your yaking in, it has all ways produced quality fish on lures!! i would work the gravel shoals just upstream from the bridge as skiers avoid this area and it is a flatty and bream strong hold!, there is a few other lakes including the old quarry lake which at times gets crystal clear and has a few resident jacks but they are timid unless you hand feed them a pilchard while snorkling, funny thing is as soon as you put a hook in a pilchard they shy off... i use to take the kids there and hand feed bream and jacks and a s s o r t e d other fish in the lake just sitting in the shallows with face mask on.

Archived