friday night at the hornibrook

brado

Hello all just reportin on the session at the brook on friday nite with stevo and sim target species was bullies. arrived at 6ish with the outgoing tide. We fished with the estuary rods for an hr or two and managed a few catties n sum rays(sharkbait):whistle: decided to wait till sunset and the incomming tide to get our larger lines out. at about 9 we started rigging up our S rods we used 50lb mono on some rods and 50lb braid on a few others for the main line, with 5-6ft of trace (100-200lb) mono. We used both ray flaps and very large mullet fillets for bait which we set under a balloon. we threw the rigs out n left them to drift 100m or so out into the deep channel. it wasent until maybe 11 untill my ray flap under my balloon went screaming accross the water and under. i picked my rod up and nothin:( had clean cut threw the (mainline)nothing left at all:S . i quickly brang my line in riggd it up with wire trace n got it back out. while doing my rig up stevoes ballon and bait which was situated 30m away from mine had the same fate. 1hr went by without anything but luck beholds i was watching stev balloon at the right time as i saw it bob down then bak up:ohmy: n yelled for steve and right at that second it went screaming accross the surfacethen under. 30min later a est 5ft bully rose to the surface. the est size was no smaller then 5ft and yeh we couldnt pull it up to measure it properly and take photos so we cut it off happily:) . the nite was slow from there on with a few more catties.

Archived