Nudgee report

Tim a

Gday

I needed to use my kayak properly (and catch a fish from it) and I thought who better but troy to do it with. So We were at nudgee at 2:30 this arvo and I was very excited as this type of fishing is all new. We set off from the ramp and I was super comfy after making the perfect seat out of my live jacket. We trolled around the creek for a while with only the one hit on my sx48 and nothing for troy.

As I don't have rod holders yet I had my rod in the wholes in the yak made for the water to escape. This worked perfectly as I could see ever movement in my rod aswell as pick it up quickly.

We came over a really deep patch near troys old house when I got my first fish out of a kayak. It was a cod just over legal(35cm) and it put on a really good tussle. As I went over to show troy he also hooked up. It was another cod around 30cm. Few pics and off they went. We went up a good bit farther but troy only got a legal bream so we headed back to the g-spot it was. Good decision as I got another cod around 30cm.

This place is very deep for somewhere that struggles to make 10m across. Unfourtunantly(dah too late at night to speel that) troys sounder/fishfinder wasn't working so not sure how deep. But atleast 2m. I got bricked by a really decent cod but despite all my efforts the lure could not be retrieved. (dam 42$ of lures in 2 trips). I really wanted to try a spinner bait in salt water and what eles better to test it on that so big hungry cod. Well obviously pb hungry flatties. The flattie went 51cm and is a new pb tho I don't chase these guys much anymore. Troy owed a mate a fish so it was kept. On the troll home(because of the impressive light show I was rewarded with a nice little breambo.

It was a great fun session with plenty of fish and heaps of 1sts for me. And... I even beat troy :laugh:

Final tally :

Troy 1 bream(sx40, 25cm)

1 cod (sx40, 30cm)

1 moses perch (sx40, 15cm)

Tim 1 bream(tilsan bass, 25cm)

2 cod (sx48, 35cm+, 30cm)

1 Flathead (tt vortex spinner bait 1/4 ounce, 51 cm)

Also a few good few fish were dropped just after hooking up.

Thanks

Tim

My flattie [img size=455]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/52_cm_flattie_resize.JPG

post-96-144598407079_thumb.jpg

Archived