Deep cycle battery

Aaron H

Brian, I am very happy with my second hand batteries, but there is a risk with anything second hand, its weather you have the dollars to go with the new unit or not.There are a couple of 75 a/h deep cycles going locally on Ebay at the moment.

A 75 a/h will give you well over an hour on full speed on your motor Arron. Or you could chase them both, and with you existing battery, run a very long day fishing!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BATTERY-12-Volt-75-AH-DEEP-CYCLE-AGM-GEL-CELL_W0QQitemZ170080343296QQihZ007QQcategoryZ102807QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I had a bid on the same batteries the other day and lost with 3 seconds to go, thats ebay I suppose will have another go closer to the date, thanks Feral.

Oh and I give the new motor the thumbs up to, the sportsfisher 54lb thrust flies along on my little boat. I will have to watch that I don't go over the speed limit :laugh:

Good to hear you happy with the motor Arron, I am seriously considering getting a second unit to bow mount on the silver bullet. (You just set them straight, and tighten the clamp to hold, then steer with the back unit).

You could also try ringing Batrec - found there number - 38794507 to see what they have available.

Thanks Feral, Brian I hear you on getting the new one , I got the charger working properly and the 100 amp hour is working well, don't think I was charging long enough before hand so will have trouble justifying a new one. Although if I make her paddle again it might swing it in my favour:whistle:

I have to admit there is nothing like having a physical second battery!

Speaking from experience when the battery I was using collapsed, and left me and ferg a 2k paddle home into a gentle 20 knot breeze!

My \"extra\" batteries are 2 x 40amphour units, each good for about 45 minutes flat out on the 55lb'er. While they may not get me home from a long run on a big dam, they will certainly get me to the bank, I reckon they are good for 4 to 5 k!

They are the perfect size for me because my main batteries (2 x 6volt units) are 160amp hours, so a perfect fit for the general safety obligation, 1/3 out, 1/3 back (on main batteries) and 1/3 reserve (spare batteries)!

I know the general safety obligation is for fuel for petrol motors, but works for me in electric!(IE makes me feel safe and happy I wont have to paddle!)

Aaron H wrote:

Oh and I give the new motor the thumbs up to, the sportsfisher 54lb thrust flies along on my little boat. I will have to watch that I don't go over the speed limit :laugh:

Anyone for water skiing! Good to hear Arron - I bet it would slow down if I got in it.:pinch:

Archived