Some Advice?

almO

G'day All,

Am heading down cleveland way this weekend to visit the fam and get my boat license (all i will need then is a boat! ;) ) & my little sister told me she is keen to catch a few fish while we are there.

Does anyone have opinions about where would be the best places to have some fun? I've searched thru the site and found a few good reports about wello pt jetty however I wanted to know if any other spots in the area that would be better options?

What are the chances of hooking up a few fish on low tide around king island? I've heard there are some flathead around.

Some people have mentioned to me the new-ish jetty down at manly harbour is worth a throw around dusk with a few bream around?

Also wondering if anyone has tried the beaches down at raby bay or off the rocks down there?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Manly harbour jetty(W.G jetty) has heaps of bream under it. All you have to do is get a packet of prawns, and nice small sharp hook and some lightish sinkers and drop right next to any of the pilons. Last time I was there I got one bream dropshotting with an sp there. Also last time there was heaps and heaps of jellyfish which I think were scaring of the fish but I'm not sure. Sorry I don't know anything about the other places.

Thanks

Tim

Don't quite think my gear is set for sharking. However it would be great fun.

Never fished with weed (any type) does it do well?

I have to say I'm not entirely convinced on the soft plastics either. But maybe its more my fishing skills that aren't convincing. :)

I have caught a few whiting on hardbodies up in the maroochy river, but the fish were almost as small as the lure itself. :P

Thanks for your help.

Archived