Spit Jetty Today

Jason1978

Met up with Robin today at 7 am to do a spot of fishing of the jetty. Nice to meet ya mate and thanks for the day.

Im glad to say that i have finally broken in my new rod and reel and picked up a nice fat bream at 27cm long on first cast. Needless to say i was stoked as.

But thats where the fishing ended for me for the rest of the day, few bites here and there but nothing else caught.

Robin latched onto a bigger bream than mine but alas it spat the hook as he was winding it up out of the water, real shame too was a nice bream, and thats where Robins day ended too, no more fish. Perfect day for fishing tho, not too hot, little breeze.

There was a lot of little GT's and Gar caught by the asian crowd up the end of the jetty and some more bream catches down the other end of the jetty as well.

Hope the pic below works, laters

do they still charge you to fish the sand pumping jetty? fished there with a mate a few years back, caught loads and loads of tailor and australian salmon... a load of people were shoutin at a surfer who got caught in a rip and was gettin tangled in their lines in the process :laugh:

maccatuna wrote:

ahh the old jetty i used to fish the jetty bak in the late 80s and the early 90s had the old rope gaff at the ready for those big sukkers and use to be packed from end to end gr8 to see u broken in ur rod ,,,,,,,,,,,,macca

Yeh when i was a kid i remember i rode th push bike out there and fished all night for sharks and jewies and i had a line gaff aswell :P the good old days

Archived