offshore plastics spin set up.

aichepee

uses: thready, offshore plastics, moreton bay pelagics, awoonga barra etc.

price range: higher end (certate/ twinpower range) - not stella or hyper custom

this is what ive come down to, im unsure on weight yet. cant decide between 3000 and 4000, 20lb/ 30lb.

rods:

- samurai reaction 402 (10-20lb)/502(15-25lb)

- egrell s10 (4-10kg?)/egrell s8

reels:

- luvias 3000

- certate 3000

- twinpower 4000

- maybe certate 3500/ 4000. unsure?

this combo will be used for casting everything from unweighted plastics into snags to tossing poppers for tuna. any advice on whether i should go 3000 with s8 or 402 with 20lb. or 4000 with s10 or 502 with 30lb.

my dad does already own a 502 with hyper custom 4000 so i am leaning towards the lighter choice.

suggestions welcomee.

thanks a lot

mate best thing to do before you decide or someone tells you whats best is go to the tackleshop and have a play with the rod and put the different reels on it then see what combination feels best to you (everyone likes something different) with the type of combos you're lookin at buyin the staff will only be too happy to accomodate whatever combos you wanna have a look at....oh and dont except the price on the rods and reels....always ask for their best price....the will drop the price especially if you're gonna spend alot and a bit of braid on top....its only really shimano reels that dont have much movement in the price....good luck mate.

I have an Egrell S10 and Certate 3500HD

I went the 3500 for the line capacity and Drag Pressure of 8kg, a 4000 Hyper would have been nice but a few more $$$$

The Egrell is a nice stick, it is rated to 1 oz. Any more weight tan 1 oz and the tip does fold away.

It also handles 50 lbs Castaway with ease

Archived