Inskip this weekend

Travis

nice :)

i luv it up there.

go there 2 times a year for a week at a time .

usually after Easter and September or January.

nice place to chill out .

have a bit of a fish ,have a drive about ,catch a few crabs.

check out the eye candy ,usually tourists /backpackers about.

maybe some white pointers or bronze whalers about too.

if u haven't been there ,check out searys creek.nice fresh water swimming hole.

u taking some pots up ?

Man Inskip takes me back, i remember goin there as a young fella a lot, when the road was so bad it was only accessable but the keenest of fourby drivers, and yes im talking a long time ago , prolly 20 years.

My stepfather tried to drive the Telstar on that road and the car dissapeared into a hole in the road, im not joking

i remember them days .every1 used to take the beach it was way smother than the dirt logging. road.

remember how u used to go onto the beach at rainbow ,the concrete ramp right beside the surf club.

i hadn't been there for years and went up in 2002,i was like wow this place has changed .last time before 2002 would have been 1990 on the way to frazer.

my first year up that way when i was a kid was the year the cherry venture got washed up.

you not allowed on the beach there now, only to drive to the barges.... and davo not taking the boat, taking the surf rods.... went to bcf (big cupboard full of sh!t) :laugh: cos thats what you end up with... and bought a heap of new line and crap

Travis wrote:

you not allowed on the beach there now, only to drive to the barges.... and davo not taking the boat, taking the surf rods.... went to bcf (big cupboard full of sh!t) :laugh: cos thats what you end up with... and bought a heap of new line and crap
Hey Travis, are you sure about the no driving on the beach? We were camped up there in May and you could drive on the beach in most places (need a beach permit of course). There were a couple of fourby police patrols around (unmarked), but if you do the right thing you should be ok. I think they were there because of the deaths on Fraser just before that, and when you see how some people drive on the beach, it was good to see them there! Great spot and good fishing sometimes. Hope you have a ball.

on the epa site i can't find anything about beach driving permits for inskip .rainbow .cooloola.

nothing about no beach driving bar the usual stuff since the storms last year ,some tracks closed etc and some spots only low tide .

we drove about on the beach January this year.the rally for no beach permits was happening while we where up there.

bad erosion on the beach up there.

let us know how it is trav.

there was a big protest by locals a few months back cos they wanted to introduce permits to drive on the beach. i can't remember if it was the last day or proposed. i did a bit of offroad work last time i was there. took a wrong turn into the campgrounds and ended up heading down the track to the beach. finally figured out where i was heading, stopped, reverse.... reverse faster... reverse fail. still got sand in my engine bay (festiva's aren't too good in soft deep sand).

There is a nice hole down past the ferry's, pulled a flathead and almost got a big queenfish (i think, it was silvery and the right shape). have a blast, i will be there soon too!

well not much to report for this one, besides a few tailor and a dead whale on the beach, we ended up drinking up at camp for most of the trip :laugh: the sand getting down to the fraser barges is shocking and provided hours of entertainment watching every make and model of car getting bogged :woohoo: from cruisers to barinas you name it.. some people have no idea, would you try put a magna on the beach if there was a cruiser bogged in front of you?? :huh: anyway took some happy snaps that might wind up on here a bit later on,

Cheers

Archived