im back home in cali

apoklyps60

sorry when i got there i didnt have any internet connection. and secondly went fishing only 2 times in the 3 weeks i was there. first report was from jacobs well. caught several bream and whiting also one very undersized flathead. and one baby barracuda. lures used were a 1/4 oz jighead with a chartreuse silver flake 4 inch grub for the barracuda. a carolina rig 2 inch motor oil red flake grub for the flat head. and the rest were caught on shrimp. all fish released. all in all interesting place to fish. it was quite windy also hard to cast a 1/4 oz jig far. tried out the 7' ultralight rod i ordered from there. great rod perfect for trout. no problems casting 6lb test. a bit soft. fast action. good for the smaller species i was quite happy with it especially since it was only 30 dollars. it was paired up with a daiwa capricorn 2000. should have brought a 2500 but oh well. second rod was a cabelas fish eagle xml paired up with a revo sx with 10lb test. 7'6 moderate fast rod.

2nd fishing spot. tugun

fished with shrimp on the 7'6 and 2" grubs on the 7' light rod. no bites on the grubs. stayed with the 7'6 using shrimp. caught 4 bream between 24-28cm range. caught one bream past the 34cm mark good fight even on the bigger rod. caught 2 stingray 30-32 cm wingspan. 1 flathead 33cm. several whiting to 20cm. and the more than abundant baby bream. hooked up to one fish that peeled line off the reel. then bam gone. broke off at the 15lb flouro leader.all fish released except for the 34cm bream.

had a blast there.. cant wait to go back. next time tho im bringing heaps of lures and braid. i wanted to thank all the people with the info provided to me that help me catch my first fish there. this site is awesome. fish on brothas.

Archived