Damiki Napjaru First Impressions!

fishyman

I got a few Napjaru's the other day and have been testing them quite extensively in my pool against other premium lipless crankbaits from other leading brands. I am quite happy to say that the Damiki Napjaru recieves nothing but praise from this fisherman.

First Impressions

Out of the packet the Napjaru's dont let down. The finish is first class with pearlescent flakes throughout which provides some nice flash when worked through the water column. Also the body shape is a nice change from lures such as the Jackall TN60.

The first thing i noticed when swimming the napjaru's was the rate of descent. They sink quite slowly which i believe is a great thing when using them for working the edges of the dams for Australian Bass. Another thing i noticed is how straight they sink. Alot of the lipless cranks on the market may be fine when being worked up but when they sink back down a lot of them tend to spiral on the sink which i believe isnt such a good thing. The only other lures i have that sink straight are jackall TN50's and Megabass Smartra Both of which make the Damiki in very good company.

The build quality on the Napjarus is also first class, not only do they look the part they are strong aswell. I tried to destroy a hook eyelet on the tail of one of mine by tieing some 100lb braid to it and tieing the braid off on a post and pulling and i couldnt not break the eyelet. A very comforting piece of knowledge and i have no hesitations if they were used for fish such as Threadies they would stand up to the abuse.

As far as fish catching ability AFO reports are a testament to this. I myself was going to go test them today but i had to lend my car out to a friend so the testing will have to wait a few days unfortunately.

The napjaru's are definetly a nice compliment to any lure box and at the price a great bargain for a very good lure.

I am looking foward to getting a few fish on them and ill be sure to post some pics when i do.

Cheers

Tom

i grabbed one of these some weeks ago but hadnt bothered fishing with it.

I figured it would be no different to a jackall in movement and perhaps of a lesser standard. I finally threw it last weekend and had mixed feelings on it.

I loved the slow sink of the lure,

it is a lot slower than a jackall to sink, almost a suspending lipless crankbait, so that was a good point,

However i found it doesnt track straight as well,

slight movement in the rod sends it off to the side,

i tried to tune the lure but the towpoint is rock solid,

maybe this is how they are...?

The quality, although good isnt anywhere near that of a jackall or equivalent Japanese model, but in saying that they are half the price

didnt catch anything on it but then again spinnerbaits pull a lot more fish for me than lipless cranks anyway,

Cheers,

Ben

I've used the Napjaru's quite a bit out at NPD and they definitely catch fish.

I agree with the positives talked about before like slow sinking, finish etc but as yellahunter mentioned they can need as bit of tuning to get them to track straight. The other negative I've found is that they are prone to leaking, which with the tiny ball bearings inside can stop them rattling effectively. My first three had this problem and I ended up throwing them, all the others I superglued the attachment points and that seems to have sealed them. I usually superglue all my cheap rattlers before using them but the Napjaru's finish looked so good so I didn't bother.

They are a nice lure for the price and I will certainly be buying more of them.

Victor

Archived