Straddy info

sharkboi

I'd be fishing off the headland at the life savers club facing south with your plastic...big jighead weights are needed depending on swell but fresh mullet caught on the island is a favourite of the bream over there but the spots to fish are basically unlimited, anywhere there is water, off the rocks, in gutters etc...I'd be heading south on main if you have got a 4by and targeting the big flatties in the gutters during spawning :woohoo:

Hey Dan as BMX said it's unlimited where you will get fish I just head where the wind is at my back and off the rocks whether it's Main in a northerly wind or around Deadmans and Frenchmans beach rock areas in a southerly and don't be afraid to fish shallow water.

I,m just starting to learn that some good fish come from very shallow water around the rocky areas.

Mal

bmxdirtjumpa wrote:

There is a fella called call who sells bait on bigoon st? i think can get it from him and If there is mullet around to cast net at, you will see them, trust me

he is definitely worth having a chat to as he is always happy to give you some pointers on where they be biting

sharkboi wrote:

Thanks for the help

Ive got a cast net where do you suggest i get the fresh mullet from?

Cheers

Mate at the moment there are so many mullet in the "In And Outs" its not funny.

This is located behind the rocks where I do most of my fishing.

Ill attach a map.

The mullet on a mid and high tides come into these sandy pools for shelter I imagine. Anyway its literally shooting fish in a barrel with a cast net.

On the map I have marked spots I flick plastics from and some top spots to flick plastics.

RED = Spots for flicking.

BLUE = Spots for casting. These spots are not as clear on the map but you will see what I mean when you are there. The map is not entirely accureate though as pools are forming way closer in behind the rocks making it easier for the bait to get in there.

These locations are all along and between Deadmans and Frenchmans beaches at Point Lookout.

GOod luck, looking forward to the report.

. straddybait.JPG

Dano wrote:

bmxdirtjumpa wrote:
There is a fella called call who sells bait on bigoon st? i think can get it from him and If there is mullet around to cast net at, you will see them, trust me

he is definitely worth having a chat to as he is always happy to give you some pointers on where they be biting

Yeah its Karl. He is a good bloke. Best prawns on the island as well.

His son fishes A LOT as well so usually has a good update.

Angus

Archived