fishing indro/ fig tree pocket stretch

aichepee

yes to all of the above. Threadfin on live baits out of the current. Big bream right up in the shallows on an incoming tide. Mudcrabs at Corinda, and have not properly explored the really deep holes opposite the ftp ramp or the 17 mile rocks. Such good looking structure and the current really rips through there

a hundred metres upstream of the old cement wharf there are exposed rocks at low tide both sides of the channel and the water rips through there big time, and there are eddies and slack water to the sides. Some of the holes against the bank downstream from there are 20+m deep. My threadies around there have been on the edge of the channel in 2-3m of water. At night you see something big busting up bait right in the shallows quite often. Could be sharks tho.

About 200 meters past the Queensland Uni pontoon, there is a large eddy, from land your line will always run downstream, no matter if the tide is coming in or out.

I have caught, bream, thready and cod there, I have also been bitten off by bullsharks and snapped off by some large fish.

I find it fishes better in late summer going into autum on the outgoing tide with live herring and prawns, but its worth a shot.

I fished there recently and only caught a 60 cm cattie.

cheers

fishing_hardcore wrote:

About 200 meters past the Queensland Uni pontoon, there is a large eddy, from land your line will always run downstream, no matter if the tide is coming in or out.

I have caught, bream, thready and cod there, I have also been bitten off by bullsharks and snapped off by some large fish.

I find it fishes better in late summer going into autum on the outgoing tide with live herring and prawns, but its worth a shot.

I fished there recently and only caught a 60 cm cattie.

cheers

Which pontoon are you referring to and 200m up stream or down stream?

I do most of my fishing off the bank at UQ so if you like give me yell next time you're around.

Archived