shulz canal part 3!!!

Jordan

far out what a day.

went out with troy and ando in the brissy river for a few hours 2 flik som hb's, in the 4 or so hours we were there troy got a nice sized flattie and ando got 2 nice cod, and i got a massive shark!!! na got nothing actually, it suked so bad for me, so i decided to call it drinks and shout the crew a slurpie from 7-11 B). after talkin a bit they decided to hitch a ride on the citycat and try elsewhere. i diddnt like the sound of this and decided to go home. i then felt the urge to try my ne found spot i call arnhem land, its a spot in shultz canal thats so untouched it reminds me of there (not that ive ever been to arnhim land) so, rode the pushbike down there and set up, and had no idea wot i was in for. for the next hour i diddnt get past 3 casts without a fish, and that is not a lie at all. 28 fish were landed, with 2 standout cod that fought like legends. 12 bream (most of which were landed in the last 15 mins) and 16 cod. posting pictures soon

nice work mate sounds like u have found yourself a nice little spot there, i was thinking about going up that way this arvo after reading your past trips there but decided to give boggy creek a go which turned out to be a productive session but no where near as good as yours;)

caught all these fish on a mad lure ando gave me, but what i promised myself to be the last cast cost me it, it got nailed and bitten thru in seconds, diddnt even get to really feel the fish, just loooots of head shakes. arnhem land coming thru 4 me again :)

haha bigger lures means more money, havin trouble financing the smaller ones atm, ill see what i can get off ebay and give them a try, also thinking of using braid as a leader, sounds rediculous but surely it would redcuce beeing rubbed off so often. few less bream for a few more cod?

Jordan most braid will just get destroyed by even coming close to rocks and those dreaded oysters.

I would definately be getting some decent mono leader, a really good option is maxima green, you can buy it in 250m spools for under $10 bucks and you'll have heaps of string and it's pretty transparent. You can get better stuff, but it'll cost you.

Big Lures don't cost much more than little fella's, but worth it if that's a big jack or solid cod busting you off.

Good luck...look forward to reading your next post.

Jordan most braid will just get destroyed by even coming close to rocks and those dreaded oysters.

I would definately be getting some decent mono leader, a really good option is maxima green, you can buy it in 250m spools for under $10 bucks and you'll have heaps of string and it's pretty transparent. You can get better stuff, but it'll cost you.

Big Lures don't cost much more than little fella's, but worth it if that's a big jack or solid cod busting you off.

Good luck...look forward to reading your next post.

Archived