camping at Nerum Creek - Fish?

Rocket75

I am pretty sure it is upstream of stocked Bass impoundments, (IE it eventually feeds into the Somerset Dam,) so you might get some bass or yellow Belly. Definately eel tailed catfish will be in ther.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/03/16 20:31

• 3 weeks later...

Having been there on the weekend with the extended family I can report that this location has pretty good facilities with lots of wide open spaces and interesting areas to hike or ride your pushbike.

Family and Dog friendly there are lots of 4wd type tracks up to Mt Mee and some intesting waterholes and creek sites that may be worth investigating when (if) we have a bit more rain. Tried throwing small poppers and some plastics at one waterhole (Archers) but no action. I know there are fish in there as I tossed in some old bread someone had left in their campsite and just as I was leaving, something was breaking the surface to sneak bits...not sure what it was but it didn't look like a turtle or eel! If only I didn't have to go back to work on Mondays...dammit:angry:

Well worth a look (they are on the net)if you want somewhere to camp (or c/van)that is not too far from Bris, but feels like another world.

Ah the tranquility

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/nerum.jpg

post-953-144598410581_thumb.jpg

Shaggy, The photo was of a nearby camping ground in the state forrest, I think it was called Archers. Nice little waterhole that had a bit of sand beach and was easily accessed by some steps made by the parks people. There was very little (if any) run evident, could definitly do with some rain. Depth was hard to guage, and it was a bit cool for a swim! Let me know if you give it a go in the future.

Archived