boat out fit for lures

Anhie

what would you keen mad anlgers recommend for a boat outfit for a few lures. Will be fishing mainly in esturies and the brisbane river and around mud island.

Will mainly be chasing bream, flat head, and anything i can find in the river and bay.

budget between 500 - 700 give and take for both rod and reel

how heavy of line do you like to fish, if its for sp's go 10lb or so. i suggest get into charltons and they will set you right up with what you want for them sort of dollars! i have a saros 3000 on a t curve 2-5kg bream rod for fishing plastics , mono spool of 3kg and the other spool with 10lb braid. i use it at the mouth and mud and have landed nice squire and a threadie on it, it is all so my bream and bass rod for flicking surface lures!

Something like a Daiwa Sol or Luvius, or a Shimano Twin Power, Stradic or Sustain will give you an awesome reel. Matched to some sort of Loomis, Shimano or Daiwa rod (there are a few other lesser known brands with great quality though) will make an awesome combo.

I'd reccommend going into Tackle Warehouse, Charltons or you nearest tackle store (proper tackle store though) and trying out the reels wesfish and I have mentioned and then finding which one you like most and asking the guys in the store to match it with a good rod.

You will be a bit hard pressed finding a line weight and combo light enough for Bream, but capable of stopping rampaging Grassy's out in the bay. But something around 8-10lb should do, if you get good quality PE braid.

Have fun choosing it mate. With your price range, no matter what, you're gonna end up with an epic combo :)

Archived