Quick session in the fresh.

ryanyoung

G'day all,

In an attempt at improving my spinnerbait casting, retrieving and anti-snagging, I hit up the river just up from Young's Crossing. It was an overcast day with a storm on the way, and I only had an hour or so, so off I trundled with rod in hand (pardon the pun ha ha!!!!).

I found a likely spot, with plenty of structure and a couple of deep holes within casting reach, so I set in for a few casts.

It was perhaps my third cast that got a large hit, and a pretty good fight followed, with my thoughts heading towards a yella, however when it got close to the surface, I saw that it was a large bass :woohoo: . I just got him out of the water when he flipped around and dropped off the hook! :angry:

It wasn't all bad, I had just re-affirmed spinnerbaits! About five minutes later, I was on again, this time I managed to get him in and a quick bragmat shot before he was sent back.

Two more bass and a yella came from this one spot :cheer:, and then the storm hit......I took off back up the river bank, hoping that my phone/camera and other valuables weren't getting soaked. A quick call to Shell, and I was soon on my way home!

All fish were caught on spinnerbait (1/8oz green, yellow & black).

Thanks for reading,

Ryan.

DSCF0607_AFO.jpg

1st bass of the day.

Archived