2 dud trips to kookaburra park

jeff f

hit kooka 4am saturday fished the run out, caught plenty live bait, fished till 9am for a total of 1 run it was a small bully that hit a surface baitevery bait that hit the bottom got mauled by small muddies

thought we'd try the run in so got there 11pm sat night again plenty of baitfish.packed it in and came home at 3:30am with nothing to show except for a couple of eels wich i kept for terry. the high point of the night was john dragging in the biggest pike eel i've ever seen.mongrel thing must have been 7-8 feet long with a head on it like a crocodile and teeth an inch long. i grabbed the trace and it went off cutting my fingers, so i thought payback time and jammed the gaff into its guts and it really went berserk and tore the gaff out of my hand and broke the hook and pissed off never to be seen again.

this is my first trip to kooka park that we haven't landed atleast a couple of bullies with the best being five.

there were still plenty of big surface takes on the mullet schools but the weren't interested in bony bream.

oh well next weekends the full moon so i'll give it another try before i give it up as shut down for winter

Lozzel wrote:

Brian ,Season changing, might head off after big bream .(you do get big bream down here dont ya)

Lozzel - \"Big Bream down here\" Well I suppose it depends on what you are use to. We get some but they are nowhere new the size of say he Tweed or Hastings. There are some good spots around Peel, Mud, Couchie and Straddie.

But on the other side of the catch we have heaps and heaps of smaller 23-28 cm bream and they are all over the place.

We also have a healthy supply of snapper/squire/pinkies but the 40-50cm bream are further south.

I may get corrected but I will argue my case.

Archived