hi, all just wanted to sayhave a happy new year to everyone, only new to this, any body no where to catch a fish these days with out a boat, i went to deep water bend on new years day, very ordinary so hard to get a fish these days, unless you drive for a couple of hours and i just dont have the time, can any body sugest some where to go..

gday mate , welcome ..im new as of a few months ago myself. I live about 20 or so mins from the city and try get to colmslie , brekky creek and woody point at least twice a week , found them to be reasonably good , im still xploring myself , but one thing ive learnt is to be patient with areas and keep returning mixing up your baits , jus recently got a cast net over the xmas break , and i think that will expose me to a few more species and seems definatlly the cheapest , freshes and best way to fish , cheers

have been to woody point a few times recently. my mate cast nets there. but be aware of the sign at the entrance to the jetty up on the top cross bearer of the roof. No castnetting fri 6pm - sun 6pm if i recall. but usually get a fair few hardy heads if u burley prior to netting. herring and the odd mullet , we always take sum deads down with us , prawns/mullet cubes(can be a real life saver ..dont know much that wont eat mullet flesh) and on the odd occasion pillies. theres some nice flathead getting around , always a few rays , definatlly bream - i meen where the hell cant u catch those?? and ya basic estuary species , found run in to be good and also an hour or two after high

Archived