Tingalpa Creek Shore Report

Judge

Looking for a new shore fishing spot instead of the usual Logan River, I went to Tingalpa Creek to try my luck. Did a little research here at the forum and via Google maps and headed off to Radwell St.

Some good bank spots and very good boardwalk spots for fishing with plenty of shade and fish cleaning area. I got there right on high tide and started with squid and chicken fillet on a 2 long baitholder hook with a 2 sinker. Within 30 minutes had 2 Mangrove Jacks (45-50cm) and a baby Fingermark perch.

Very pleased with myself, but that was about it for the next 4 hours. Lots of baby Breams and Crab as the tide went out, but that first ½ hour was indeed worth the visit. There were a few snags and lost gear, but nothing to cry about.

It’s a pretty nice spot and not as dirty, water wise as the Logan and I presume no trawlers as per the Logan. Can get very busy with other peeps fishing, BBQ-ing and recreational activities, but seems to be a rewarding spot for shore fishing.

No photos as I left my phone at home......d’oh!

Judge

Dammit Kev!!.....I got one medium Catfish, I change shore position and then you get ALL the fish and me get nothing all arvo long :laugh: Thankfully what you reeled in was small enough for me to be thankfull :blink: That cod was a little beauty.

I would have been very upset :P if you had caught anything off that bait you stole from me :woohoo:

Have a safe trip and if you land any fish in Pommie land, post photos.

Cheers

Judge

Yep, I got that wrong, it is Chadwell St, not Radwell :blink::)

The different variety of fish compared to the Logan is making it interesting. The Jacks were an awesome catch for me, never had one before, except one that got away in the Nerang and the little cod shows promise. There is a very good Kayak lauch ramp there also.

Judge

Archived