Peel 02.01.10

benno573

Hi guys,

After my week up at 1770, I was itching to wet a line so I decided to take the punt on wind and rain and headed for peel island at about 4pm. After a choppy run up from Vic point, I anchored at one of my spots on the sw side. We were straight into it, landing plenty of 33-34.5cm snapper and 27-29.5cm grassys. Dam!!! Mrs Benno keeping with recent form soon had the first keeper on board, a nice Moses of 29cm. The mrs had her brother in law along for the ride and he was having a ball, landing his first ever fish! Unfortunately only a whiptail, but they did get bigger afterwards, unfortunately no keepers though.

I decided to move just before dark to my most successful grassy spot, thankfully the wind had eased slightly by this stage. Again, we were straight into it, all grassys, all just under legal! :( I then added 5 Moses perch in quick succession, all 26-28cm. Mrs benno had been a bit quiet for a while which is always a worry... It usually means she's about to hook up big time. And she did. :dry: the brand new ugly stick pink was given a bit of a workout with the result being a lovely pan size snapper at 43cm, followed next cast by a 36cm grassy... Outfished by the mrs again!!! She must have a great teacher I reckon... :whistle:

after this the sharks moved in, I landed 3, got busted up by 3 more... 14lb line will do that though!

Headed back to the ramp and enjoyed a fantastic lunch the following day! :)

photos to follow soon.

Cheers for reading,

benno <'><

Archived