Downstream from Kooka Pk 30/4

dhess

Went for a fish from my friends kayak on Friday afternoon from about 2pm till 6pm.

Launched from the new park at the end of Karalee. Plenty of mullet jumping and plenty of tiney prawns that kept on escaping through the mesh in my cast net. I did not catch a single baitfish.:( Can anyone suggest a reliable way of catching some live bait around this area. I was castnetting off the beach and getting nothing.):(

We paddled upstream towards Kookaburra Park and fished in about 3-4m of water at the mouth of a little creek on the bend that goes out under Mt. Crosby Rd. Saw a bullie on the way up. We had heaps of action. Unfortunately about 90% of the fish ended up being catties. My friend also caught a little pike eel.:sick:

I soon managed to catch my very first threadfin.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It measured a whopping 25cm. Still I was very happy to finally catch one.

We also caught about 7 little muddies. All of them released. Having a pissed off mud crab in the kayak is not fun.

Going to go back probably Tuesday afternoon and try a bit harder to catch some live bait.

Archived