i got a question !!

noname

this summer classic competition!!

now my question is

if it is an algamation of the yak, bribie and flathead SOCIALS, why is it that every 1 now has to [pay]? to fish in these SOCIALS!

was there a fee to fish in the yak or flathead socials, as the bribie SOCIAL we all fished in last year was rock up and just go your hardest, no fee's.

only ask as some of the lads were thinking of a trip there when it cools a little for the weekend.

These were socials which were organised through AFO, but now they have decided to combine a couple of the events and make it a comp which means there is advertising, insurance, prizes, literature costs which need to be covered and hence a fee.

There are 365 days in the year you can choose to post up a thread inviting others to attend an area for a social fish if you wish to not pay a fee to join a sanctioned competition.

we have been inviting people to tag along, or deckie spots for a while now, and just gettin better and better at each 1, i was just curious , about the other, thats all. like why wreck a good thing, as if it aint broken, don't fix it. why change?

but all good, no probs with it.

Over the years we have organised and run many comps and socials. Some of these socials had a small fee to participate and some were free. We have decided to focus our efforts on organising and running four Competitions per year (generally trying to make them every three months). This gives us time to plan, prepare, organise and run each one as well as give competitors adequate notice and a break between them.

We have consolidated a few of the official socials we have run in the past into the Summer Classic. The amalgamation we have mentioned refers to the amalgamation of the targeted species from the socials, time of year/season, type of fishing (eg estuary), type of environment (good for kayaks), and of our resources into a new Competition.

As this is event is a Competition and as mentioned above means there is advertising, insurance, prizes, promotion,literature costs which need to be covered and hence a fee.

The Competition is a better use of our resources and is a vital cashflow to keep the AFO website online, without these we struggle to pay the ever-increasing bills. We do still wholeheartedly encourage and support the community organising socials and meetups throughout the year for different types of fishing at different locations. We enjoy seeing the community interact offline and share the afo spirit.

AFO officially won't be hosting any socials, leaving this to the community to organise as they see fit. The new community features of the site mean people can more readily communicate and organise these sorts of adventures.

So we haven't 'wrecked' the socials, we are just letting the community organise and create them, which by looking at the regular forum posts happen frequently already.

Hope this helps :cheer:

Here is the probem difference between a club and a business.

A club has annual fees to cover costs, AFO requires enterence fees or donations.

To my way of thinking we should pay a user fee by way of donation to allow "members" to act on behalf of the business in social events!

Woops - introubleagin

Brian D wrote:

Here is the probem difference between a club and a business.

A club has annual fees to cover costs, AFO requires enterence fees or donations.

To my way of thinking we should pay a user fee by way of donation to allow "members" to act on behalf of the business in social events!

Woops - introubleagin

Well said! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:

Brian D wrote:

Before you get too exicted I just recived an invoice from my daughters school but instead of "invoice" it said "offer". To use school facilities I must pay the offer.

If the state and fed gov can do it then AFO can do it too!

i get book lists x4 for the primary school ones .

had 3 on high school ,this year 2 so little cheaper .

had a look yeps

its a invoice /offer that becomes a invoice after u pay.

free schooling my ass ,

then instead of all the normal classes we had they offer cert 2 classes as well and the cost extra .everything cost extra

xmass and back to school is not my fav time of year on the wallet .

Archived