FOTM Participation

Angus

Hey everyone,

Just a thought on FOTM entries.

I would strongly encourage members to enter any appropriate fish for FOTM regardless on whether or not it can win. For example, this month, I know of a few Jacks that have been caught that cant win as there are already bigger ones caught. However I still think it would be fantastic to be able to view the thread at the end of the month and see every eligible fish. I will be interesting to see what sort of numbers occur when a specified target is on offer!

Anyway just food for thought.

Cheers.

Angus

Angus,

I find it difficult to know what the FOTM each month is. Would make it easier to see it on the front page straight up, and not have to search the forums.

Just a suggestion to increase participation - make a secret random length or weight for the FOTM rather than the biggest. That way, anyone who enters is in with a chance of winning.

Cheers!

Jeremy

Yellow Peril wrote:

Angus,

I find it difficult to know what the FOTM each month is. Would make it easier to see it on the front page straight up, and not have to search the forums.

Just a suggestion to increase participation - make a secret random length or weight for the FOTM rather than the biggest. That way, anyone who enters is in with a chance of winning.

Cheers!

Jeremy

Good suggestions Jeremy. I will look at getting a standardised FOTM announcement done up for FOTM so I can just cut and paste in the new species each month sort of thing.

However front page articles do move slowly down the list as more get published as well. The notifcation mat presently be in the forum, but it is very well labled and in the same spot each time so it should not be to difficult. I will link the front page article to the forum though I think.

Also I like the idea of the mystery length. Closest fish wins. Ill continue this month as the biggest in fairness to the present enrtries. But I will think about that for next month for sure.

Angus

Yellow Peril wrote:

Angus,

Cheers!

Jeremy

Or would it be possible to keep the entries hidden somehow, so no one knew the winner till it was announced at the end of the month??

Archived