Friday Night at Bulimba

AngryBundyBear

Well decided to head down to Bulimba to break my drought there and get some fish..So i arrived there around 18:00 after stopping past Anaconda at Everton park for some more goodies $60 later I'm on my way(3rd time at the store this week spending money on fishing,they should give me a better discount on the club membership just isn't cutting it) , I arrive at Bulimba and set up my spot and burley the water for a bit to attract some livies to cast net for, first cast out a and a heap of prawns not what im after but they'll do for now, I bait up some rigs and cast in,now back to getting some half way decent livies mmmmmnnn net felling a bit heavey as i drag it in, i may of hit the mother load.... wooohoooo a Flathead cant believe my luck i race over to grab the camera and my alvey fish ruler ohh noo this cant be happining "Lens error please restart you camera" and on top of that he comes up to 35 cm a little to small so as any good fisherman does i whisper itno his ear as he goes back into the drink that i'll catch you again when your around 60 cm mate it was your lucky day,now its around 20:30 and wham my rod bends over yeahhhh now its on i race over and start the wind and lift to bring in what i hope is a shark/threadie its putting in a good fight and 10 min later as he breaches the surface i go what the??? land him on the ground and grab the old id book, and what do you know a bloody eel(least he put up a good fight, i release him back into the water and re-bait... back to trying to get the elusive livies i put in a few casts till my arm is going dead then wack two bream in the net even looking at them i know in my heart there to small so i measure them just in case, but alas they go back to live another day.. its now 23:00 and still have bugger all i decide to have a few more casts nothing but prawns so one more cast and then I'm sure its the same Bream again in the net, well the really want to be on my dinner plate..... but ohh well back in you go fella's still too small, then my smaller rod starts getting hitzzzzzzzz start of a nice little fight wind and lift bringing him in thinking finallymy hard work is paying off then noooooo everthing goes slack....damn i lost him.. so i decide to pack it in for the night after being eaten alive by mozzie"s, breaking my camera and having a surprising fight with an eel,catching 4 Bream and 1 Flathead in my cast net even thhough they were not keepers, i think i have brocken the drought here at Bulimba, its just a shame i didn't get what i was after... ohh well there always next time. :(

Oh well, better luck next time matey. Ive never had much luck myself at Bulimba. At least you got to fish. Ive been fishing so much lately that the mrs has decided to put me on a fishing ban for a few days.. not happy :angry:

There is actually a few spots at Bulimba, rather than the old quay st sailing club... there in bulimba is a jetty.... **hint hint**. Download Google Earth and check it out.... its near the Ferry. B)

yeah sounds good matey. my ban ends next weekend on easter!! Yeehhaaa! B) :fishing:

Will see how things go next week, hopefully no family bbq's. Love me family but rather be fishing! :cheer:

will let you know next time im down there... im based at the gabba next to the ground.. so bulimba is nice and convenient for me B)

Archived