Trying 4 trevs and this happens?

Schilling

Went down the goldie chasing some trevally today. The wind just destroyed any real good chance of catching anything. Popping around the swimming enclosure near australia fair using rapala skitter poppers but couldnt cast too far due to the wind.... Looked in the tackle box 4 the biggest popper i have to try and get some decent casts out!!! Found this one which is 12.5cm dont know the brand but a real big heavy one.. Through it out first time started to pop then bang fish on.... Small un-trevally like fight later pull in this big old bream. Didnt measure it but it must be at least 40cm from the size of the lure??? Total fluke..... and didnt catch anything else worth reporting. Maybe tomorro will be better!!!!

20012009273_AFO.jpg

haha madness! gw buddy.. i was near spit today on the sandflats.. got one good hit then fish took popper underwater i striked and still couldnt set hooks. moved to another spot and BOOF snapped my line straight up.. didnt even get to fight!

throw me a pm if you dont mind someone coming along for a fish, i wanna learn more about catching trevs!

Archived