Some help with schultz?

FishoDave

hey everyone

i've hit schultz multiple times with no luck at all each time

just recently i went for 2hrs

from 11.30 to 1.30, high tide was at about 12.40

i fished the pylons under nudgee road and also the one with is further down a bit

i was using 1/32 heads with gulp banana prawn, old penny 3" prongs, flickbaits, wrigglers (wasabi and bloodworm)

i just cast towards the pylons and wood pieces hanging out, let it sink, slow lift, sink, reel. then i mix it up with hops and stuff aswell

all this got me nothing at all, i'm just wondering if it was the day, spot, technique or bad luck

any tips for the spot would be great aswell

i'm on my bike btw

cheers all

Your obviously targetting Bream. I'd say stick with the 2 inch banana prawn and the bloodworm wiggler but up the jighead size to a 1/20 as I find 1/36th's just too light. What leader weight are you using? Even in the dirty water of Schultz I wouldn't go above 6lb and 4 will get you more strikes. Sounds like your doing everything right so dont get discouraged just keep at it. If your just getting into the whole plastics thing I'd suggest buying some 4 inch Gulp Nuclear Chicken and Lime Tiger minnows and some 1/12th or 1/8th jig heads and targetting Flatty. Plenty of good ones in there and they aren't as fussy. Just walk the banks casting along the edges and out into the middle and jigging the plastic back continually hopping it up off the bottom. Cover enough ground and you'll get one. If you can bring yourself to fish early morning or late afternoon your chances are even better still for both species.

Rog

Archived