Baroon Pocket 15 4 07

Feral

Well Ferg, Alex and I hit up Baroon pocket today, used it as a prefish, and to take my son Alex up (rather than the Anzac day trip for him).

GOt to the dam about 7ish, absolutely breath taking with the fog lifting slowly off the water which was as still as a mill pond.

Thats when I discovered I had left the camera home!

Anyway we launched and headed up the eastern arm, fishing was slow, bit we got a few. It was a mixed up day, as Ferg got all his fish on soft plastics and I got all mine on Hard bodies! (Usually it is the other way around).

For those after info for the Anzac day trip -

Most successful lure was a Kokoda G Vibe in mat black. At one stage getting 2 fish and a hit in three casts.

Most successful plastic was my favourite 55mm Kokoda mad shad in gold.

We also caught fish on

Squidgee 50mm shad (black and silver)

Tassie Devil (My first ever fish on a devil)

Used but no fish caught - Cobra's, Poppers, Spinner baits, minnows (deep shallow, suspending, sinking floating 50mm to 100mm, all colours under the rainbow)

Most fish were caught by casting onto weed beds, then skipping the lure across the top of the weed (water was clear enough to see) then allowing it drop once clear of the weed edge. Thats usually when you got hit.

The Bass caught on the Tassie Devil was caught in 20 foot of water in the open, casting to a school seen on the sounder as we went past.

All the usual spots had fish, just not a lot, and often we would get 3 or 4 nibbles over a few casts before getting a solid hit as we kept casting back to the same area.

Off the water by 2:30pm for a good day.

Yep Electric only, I would assume yes you have to take your motor off, but you could give the ranger a ring.

There is a AFO trip to Baroon on Anzac day if you can get a ride. (My boats full)

Also forgot to mention, Alex fished with salt water yabbies, got a few spangled perch bites, but no bass. (They do usually bite on them in Baroon Pocket)

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/15 17:40

Archived