Bribie bridge

The Mad Hughesy

g`day chris.. you can catch anything and everything around and under that bridge depending on tide, season,day/night.bream tailor,flatty,legal squire,jew, shark.

Any thing that travels from the bay up the passage goes under that bridge.

The closer pylons to the Bribie side seem to have the better fishing results for me.

fishing through and either side of high/low will keep you out of the main strong tidal flow.

during the tidal flow just anchor on the opposite side of the bridge to which the tide is flowing and cast or drift your bait/lure back into the pylons and also work the eddys formed behind the pylons.

As for what gear,I often use a 2-4kg SP rod,6-8 lb line and/or a 4-8kg rod,10,12 or 15 lb line,depending on what I`m targeting.

Others will have their opinions on what gear they use.

take a castnet or a cheap bait jig and try around the pylons and you can usually get some live bait.

cheers

Gad, your light rig is fine... good fun with the fish... Great variety of fish there.. Sharks there flock mullet fillets like ants bathe in spilt coke. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Soft plastics are work a treat. Especially the gulps in pumpkin seed colour or the 4"smelts B)

Good luck buddy.. hope ur missus land some decent fish.... My wife loves fishin only when she catches a fish...

I have spent a long time fishing in the passage and i wouldnt suggest to try pot luck under the bridge, you really have to pick your tides fishing there.

If it was me going to hire a boat, I'd be inclined to head into Ningi creek and fish the oyster leases and sand banks around there. For another good spot I'd try where the mangrove trees are at neds gutter alongside Shag island. And for another giveaway all in the same area you have white patch. If you cant find a fish with these 3 places I've suggested, sell your fishing gear, theres a bakery on bribie you can buy a meat pie.

HINT: fish light, small hook, local blood worms, yabbies

hope this helps

kind regards Steve

wasnt a bad day. was very quite until just before the tide changed, the girlfriend landed a 30cm snapper, she was quite chuffed. a couple of bream around the 23cm mark, and i got a 24cm flatty on a live bait i jigged up. lots of bream on the bite, not as many hook ups though. il post up pics later

Archived