hi, can you cast this combo

Corey, your best bet is to go to any tackle shop, tell the salesman what sort of fishing you are interested in and what your budget is. Buying something on-line may save you a couple of bucks, but unless you know exactly what you are getting, you could end up spending your hard-earned on something you will never use.

that combo not designed for casting. if you want a boat rod that you can cast, get a decent 4000 size eggbeater, and a seven foot medium/fast taper rod up to 10kg. 20 pound (9.1kg finns braid or similar.

for a general spin combo, 2500 eggbeater/ 7foot 2-4kg for sml fish, bream ect;, 3-6 kg for medium fish, flatties, trevs ect. longer rod for surf or rocks.

it`s hard to use one rod for everything. there is merit in owning boat specific heavy tackle. wouldn`t want to lose that once in a life time fish to my so described 4000 seven foot combo on a giant G.T. get both. if you can afford. buy smart. research your product thoroughly. find a tackle shop u like, and talk as much as you can to the fishing dude about your fishing needs. its his job to be able to point you in the right direction. always ask for a discount. be polite and dont get shitty if your first few attempts fail. make sure you talk/buy from the same guy. he will remember you from previous sales. most places only discount if you spend so much $$.

I just bought a 2-4kg 8foot6 jarvis nibble-tip for $30 bucks at local kaymart. 1000 eggy with 2kg mono, for chasing gar. took it out, got a sml brimbo,, bread as bait, stoked.

sorry, hope you like reading :

if you like overheads and want to cast then cash converters goodna has 3 abu garcia gt325 over head level wind reels brand new $49 2 with line, bargain reel that would cast easier then the penn but still got balls against a decent fish! a money saving option!

wesfish wrote:

if you like overheads and want to cast then cash converters goodna has 3 abu garcia gt325 over head level wind reels brand new $49 2 with line, bargain reel that would cast easier then the penn but still got balls against a decent fish! a money saving option!

hehehe .

i end up down there once a week checking out there fishing gear too,see some decent buys sometimes.

hi. i rang up cash converters to see if we can pay on the phone or web and they post it to us because we live 1.40hr from them and they were not very helpful and said they can not in case it get broken so that is the end of that

now can somepne tell me what is the Heaviest braid line you can put on the shimano cruxis 200,and what weight rod to put with it

thanks Corey

wesfish. i have found a abu garcia gt325 and the gt335 combo please can you tell me if the rods are any good and if you can cast them and also is the 335 to big to cast or is it ok

here is the url
/>http://www.completeangler.co.nz/abu-gt600-gt325-boat-set-xidp254847.html

and here is the url for the 335
/>http://www.completeangler.co.nz/abu-gt-500-gt335-boat-set-xidp254845.html

hey mate, look to be honest what fish are you chasing, coz really the heaviest suitable line doesn't mean your gonna get bigger fish hooked up , but it can increase some chances of landing them. more research on you main target species will help you much more than the heaviest gear

Archived