Stradic CI4 Vs Twin Power Vs Sustain

Mr FeLiX

Afternoon all,

I currently have a Stradic CI4 2500 on my 3 piece T-Curve travel spin that I use for bream and other light estuary work. I rarely use above 6Pnd braid, and was wondering if there would be any benefits in upgrading to either the sustain or the twin power, both in the 2500 size?

I use this outfit exclusively for throwing hardbodies and vibes, and fish light leaders so the most important feature to me would have to be a smooth drag. I am happy with the CI4, but am considering my options.

Any help appreciated

Felix

Hey Mr Felix I'm a big fan of the twin power and I don't think I have used a reel with a smoother drag,but in saying that I was looking at the Ci4 for my small rod but couldn't get a 1000 for the same purpose and I think the Ci4 is ideal for what your using but if you like to spend money for no good reason then go for the twin power (I love them)

cheers dassa

HookedOnTackle wrote:

have you looked into upgrading your drag and even bearings? i know you can the drag and pretty sure you can the bearings as well, so could rather cheaply upgrade the ci4 and keep the light weight

Where can I purchase the upgraded drag setup for my Ci4? Any ideas?

Also, if I wished to purchase another spool, would I just go through the shimano spare parts department?

I have had drags upgraded at Jones tackle, good service and stuff there. most tackle shops can get you spare spools as well.

i have a twin power 2500 and i love it. i scored 3 spools with. i fish 3lb fluro carbon straight though on it, the drags works a treat when fishing that light.

For light lines and if you don't need the line capacity then see if you can get a Yumeya shallow spool that will fit. They have a lower max drag but are a lot smoother. Then use the standard spool when you need the extra line capacity or when fishing heavier.

Archived