bream combo

dan25

hey guys

ive saved some money up and am now after a light bream combo for lure fishin. Never really targeted bream on lures, but am now keen and want to get the right gear. Probably looking to spend around $100-$200 for the lot, and don't wanna go any higher then 4lb, wanna fish light :)

any advice would be great

thanks

dan

your gonna get a nice combo for 2 hundo lol it wont be rubbish, really like whats the difference between a 200 dollar combo and a $400 anyway sure you get slightly smoother drag and slightly better rod action but most of its in your head and its not gonna affect your catch rate that much (if at all)

looking forward to some breaming videos from fishodan :cheer:

Hey mate not sure if you are interested but i am about to sell my bream combo i have just upgraded. The rod and reel are 12 months old. It is a Shimano Sahara 1500 ($149 new) with a Wilson LCS ultra Light Bream rod 2 -8lb.($109.00 new)it is spooled with 4lb Fireline and extra spool has 8lb Fireline ( 2x $22) All up i cost me about $300. if your keen I will take $ 130 -140. Rod is in immac condition reel has some minor scratches on the bottom from putting it down to take fish off but nothing major internally perfect. Let me know what you think

Hey Dan, I'm not one to spend huge $ on bream gear as I think $200 buys a top outfit for the job - I know others would disagree...... I have both an Ian Miller Raider 2-4kg and Berkley Drop Shot 7'2" 2-4kg matched with 1000 size Shimano Sonora's with 4lb and 6lb and couldn't be happier. You will get either combo for about that money. And the colour of those Sonora reels.... just awesome hahaha
/>http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=4348
/>http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=4396

Cheers.

Hey dan motackle have some good prices here's a couple I found thought you could have a look at.Got the same reel very nice

/>http://motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=catalogue&category_id=1162

/>http://motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=3115

If they don't suit you send zim man a pm and see if he has and angle series in stock I got one of him last year very nice little rod

cheers dassa

mate when you fishing finesse with ultra light lures for the likes of bream, flathead and whiteing there is a massive difference between a 200 combo and a 400 combo i myself fish with 4lbs gear so pm me if you want some advice, my current cheapest rod is a berkly dropshot 2-4kg 6'10" model that iv modifyed it outperforms other rods around that are the same price hence why i kept it

rods i suggest you look at are the trion's, berkley dropshots iv used both and they are good for the price i havent used the cheaper shimano's i had a mate that used the 1-3 starlo stix and i think the tip was way to sloppy

as far as reels i think you could go with a shimano sienna 1000 loaded with 4lbs braid, i used to use these reels on my other combo's and they work good for an 80 dollar reel i wouldent use a model any lower though the symetre if you can stretch the cash that far is fantastic for the price i have two 1000 sized ones and they are good

i actually have a spare unused sienna that my mrs bought (dunno why i just got her a new symetre) its loaded with 4lbs fireline i may be able to convince her to let it go, if your interested pm me bout it

ill also add mate if you can get that infeet grab it! even if you have to upgrade the reel later they are a fantastic rod normally 260 my mrs has the shorter version its a 1-3kg rod ultra light casts ultra far and is just a gread rod feels like some of the 400 dollar daiwa's

Have a look in the classifieds here, there is a LOX 1-3kg rod for sale ;) They are possibly the best value lite rods around. You can cast a mile with them and feel the slightest nibbles.

I think if you can stretch the budget a little further you will end up with a much better rod then a Trion or Raider (had both). Both are good value but going up to a the Infeet mentioned earlier or a Berkley Tourny Pro etc will give you much better feel and casting ability. Match it up to a Sienna or similar in another brand and it will serve you well. I have caught GT's to 3kg and Flatties over 70cm on a Sienna and it never missed a beat.

Terry

i used to have a 2-4 tcurve bream special and i personally thought it was sheeeet, for 260 you can get a brand new infeet or a loxx much better then at the very least a symetre or stradic mrs picked up a 1000 stradic CI4 for a fair price to, another thing to point out make sure you spool it with braid get good gear now then you wont be kicking yourself in afew months time when you looking at upgrading again i started off with a 100 buck combo and iv been through afew till i got to my 600-700 dollar combos wish i never bothered with the cheapys

Archived