Mr Rudd and garrett at it again

daveylad

TRUE STORY

The Rudd Government and the NSW Forestry Service were presenting an alternative to NSW sheep farmers for controlling the dingo population.

It seems that after years of the sheep farmers using the tried and true methods of shooting and/or trapping the predators, the Rudd Government (Peter Garrett - Environment Minister), the NSW Forestry Service and the Greens tree-huggers had a ‘more humane’ solution.

What they proposed was for the animals to be captured alive, the males would then be castrated and let loose again. Therefore the population would be controlled.

This was ACTUALLY proposed to the NSW Sheep farmers Association and Farming Association by the Rudd Government and the NSW Forestry Service.

All of the sheep farmers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes. Finally, one of the old boys in the back of the conference room stood up, tipped his hat back and said, ‘Mr Garrett, son, I don’t think you understand our problem.

Those dingo’s ain’t f*@king our sheep - they’re eatin’ the buggers.

You should have been there to hear the roar of laughter as Mr Peter Garrett and the members of the NSW Forestry Service , the Greens and the other “tree huggers†left the meeting very “sheepishlyâ€.

:blink:

If my memory serves me right,many years ago Russ Hinze,when he was minister for everything, explained that point to Rosemary Kyburz in state parliament when she suggested a sterilization solution to the dingo problem

Archived